


We had such a great time seeing our families last week. Megan came for a visit from China and we loved hearing her stories. Matthew was a little fussier the past 2 days and I think it is because he was used to being held all the time in SC....all his aunts and grandmas (and uncles and grandpas). It is amazing to see him learn new things daily. In the past week he has found his hands and feet and is now reaching for things.
One memory from the trip was the three of us playing roles at David's Mom's church (her husband is the pastor there). Matthew was Jesus, I was Mary and David was Joseph. Of course my sisters were in the front row and were like paparazzi (somehow they didn't see the line in the bulletin that said not to take pictures during the service). I asked David if he was having the same thoughts as me...."why did I say I'd do this?", "I cannot look over at my sisters or I'm going to crack up", "I hate being the center of attention", etc. David instead was super-spiritual....he said he was thinking, "wow! This is what it would have been like to be the father of the Savior of the world..to have all these people come visit your son, etc." I felt bad I didn't use the situation more to praise God for the gift of His Son.
Below is the picture of Matthew as Jesus in the manger. He did so well!




2 comments:
Yay!!! You're blogging!! :D Did you get all those pics from me? How, b/c I don't remember posting them on my web albums and I didn't know you could get them off facebook with a Mac! Teach me O wise macbooker! :D
***Happy New Year, you guys!!***
I just stumbled across your blog after sneaking an update on Katie's, and wow-- you're blogging! I do so hope you keep it up... I'd love to follow along with your adventures in the weeks and months to come!!
Post a Comment