Another fascinating thing for me to watch as a mother is the way he learns. I watched as his arms were magnetically drawn to the pacifier in his mouth to pull it out, in hopes to put it back in again by himself. He would knock it out, sometimes successfully maintaining a grip on it, and then he would erratically move his hand in the direction of his mouth to try to put it back in. At this stage, that part wasn't going so smoothly. He would drop it or only be able to put the back of the pacifier on his mouth.
As I sat there, helping him more than not, I was in awe of the way God creates. He creates us so helpless, and then gradually we gain more independence as we learn, often by doing things over and over. (I have to say that I can't wait until Little Guy gets this one down, because then I will no longer be called in to find the pacifier he spit out). Our brain is such an intricately designed gift and since I had the opportunity to study it in physical therapy school, I am probably more aware than most that this is true. You know, the more you know, the more you know you don't know! It was fascinating to me to see the complexity of how God fashions us. I always said I didn't know how people could not believe there was a God if they studied the human body.
Back to Matthew. He's now enjoying trying to eat his feet.....sort of a rite of passage for any infant, right? Crazy thing is, he already has 2 teeth coming in! That would explain the constant drooling. This kid is going to be one active boy. His legs are so strong...he loves to push up to standing and act like he's taking steps, or he's constantly kicking around. Makes me nervous I won't be able to keep up.
Psalm 139
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
5 comments:
What a money blog by my wife!! Lets see some more comments here :)
Wasn't hoping i'd be the 2nd comment too - c'mon!
My wife is awesome!! can't you all see it?
I love the pics and watching lil' matthew grow up! :D And yes, David, your wifey is awesome!!
your wife is awesome! love those pics and i am reading a book now that talks about psalm 139 in a new way... so amazing. He is getting so big. He is beautiful!
Post a Comment