Remeber the old Chuck Norris movies? Well, you probably don't remember any specific titles, or any of the "Plots", but I was a young kid enthralled by his characters. Part of it was the cheesy one-liners. Most of it was the underestimation people had of him and then quickly how he just dominated thereafter. Now TBS had lots of his films on TV so I was able to watch most of them with appropriate editing for TV (not the case anymore surely).
And then later, I encountered Chuck on "Walker Texas Ranger". Again, I was drawn to the show, but here he had more of a law-abiding family-type character.
And then fast forward to a few years ago when I find out he is a born-again Christian. I saw some of the more recent "Walker Texas Ranger" episodes, and there he is quoting the Bible. Wow! Who would have thought, the guy I idolized growing up is someone I could still look up to now.
Even crazier, he has a weekly column on humanevents.com and wnd.com. I've been reading those for about a year now, and I have to say, I have agreed with him moreso than any of the other writers on those sites.
And the recent letter (Chuck's Column) talks about what Obama promised a while back, which is that the 1st thing he'd do as president is sign the "Freedom of Choice" Act. This would eliminate all state laws wrt abortion (i.e. partial birth abortion restrictions), would help lead to taxpayer funding, and would force religious hospitals to perform abortions,etc. There is a link at the bottom to an online petition at fightfoca.com (great place to read up about this)-> I just signed this because it is just too important to me. With this Pro-Abortion president and his probably 2 pro-abortion nominations to the supreme court the Pro-Life movement has hit a huge setback probably for the next 30 years.
Once again, how my boyhood idol and I think the same on so many things I'll never know. Amy and I instituted part of what he does every night with his wife - that is, reading a Psalm together. I know what you all are saying - "When are we getting the Total Gym?" Well, it's not on the table yet, but who knows what the year will bring :)
US Consulate Day
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment