Well everyone I've been quite under the weather the last few weeks, and that has given me some time to realize I can't do everything I want to do and forced me to relax, gets lots of sleep, get some good work done, but also look at current events and news. The latter has been the most interesting part, however it has brought me to a point where I can no longer listen to the national news at any depth any more. I've heard the story from Pres. Bush defending the auto-bailout: "I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system" (?!?) and the LA Times front-page headline "Obama clears himself and staff in Blagojevich case" (?!?) and with an incoming President unwilling to present his credentials for office and no judge or secretary of state willing to ask for it so far I've realized the following: there no sense in being angry that our political,judicial,media,congressional,etc systems are broken and off-kilter from where the constitution demands or where they should fairly be. Instead I shall take from the wisdom of Dave Thomas (no, not eat a triple-cheeseburger or a Cube-of-power), who founded my current employer. In response to those who wanted to sell off his company a few years ago he told me that the battles aren't going to take place over the company-wide emails, instead they need to be fought on an one-on-one basis within offices - essentially taking the time to change decisions one at a time. Well we did fight off the sale then, and I don't know how many were affected by the email that I did send out, but I do know that one person in particular was affected in part by a personal conversation that we had.
And this is exactly how Jesus wants us to bring people to Him - His example of being with the people at their houses, meeting the people where they were and challenging them - this is how we are to spread His message. It only makes sense then that the best way to change anything about the collective thought of a nation is to do it one person at a time. Being angry about the way people think and act just like being angry that so many don't believe in God does nothing - more importantly it is compassionless unless there is action to correct the problem.
So that's where I'm heading - I've seen enough problems. Now what?
US Consulate Day
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment